* What should we do at birth and after to facilitate breastfeding?
* Pitocin( synthetic oxytocin) reduces mothers oxytocin levels- the drip creates a stable levelof oxytocin so that the brain does not secrete a proper level of oxytocin- sometimes as much as 2 days later.
* natural oxytocin stays in the blood for 45 seconds and is then replaced
* A mother who is medicated in labor does not secrete oxytocin properly so she does not bond with her baby easily- so she is more prone to post partum depression and breastfeeding problems
* Eastrogen builds oxytocin receptors in the brain
* Oxytocin is contageous- even if a woman has no natural oxytocin at birth she can still feel love and therefore have the let down reflex and naturally breastfeed.
* Loving care and respect for nurturing bonding is the best way to create good breastfeeding practices for mother and baby
* Birth assistants primary goal in the fourth stage- is to support the creation and respect for a sacred bonding space for ' motherbaby'
*PROPER BONDING TAKES TIME!
* Babies need to release all reflexes before it can breastfeed www.biologicalnurturing.com
* THE MIDWIFE IS THE PROTECTOR OF THE BIOLOGICAL PROCESS