* Breech twins - When the mother is on hands and knees the babies seem to just turn and come out.
* If you feel a hip and a foot this is probably not a footling and more likely a full breech
* If the head does not flex , use 'Franks Nudge'- hold babies body in both hands and press inwards with thumbs just under the shoulder, this flexes head.
* Or put fingers below eye sockets and pull chin towards the neck.
* Or 'Chrysteller' - Get behind woman, clasp hands together above baby, rotate hands towards spine and push down , then use super pubic pressure
* Arms not coming out- mother on hands and knees and turn her head to the left- turn baby to face mothers spine then to right, this releases the arms.
* ALWAYS WEIGH IN THE BALANCE! Unless you know what to do if the baby gets stuck then the breech birth process is dangerous for you, baby and mother.
* SHARPEN YOUR SKILLS!
* When a baby malpresents- always check the other factors in the motherbaby physiology and psychology.
* PROTACT THE MOTHERBABY!
* PROTECT YOURSELF!
* PROTECT THE MOVEMENT!
* When the mama births on hands and knees there is less chance of the cord being squashed! This will give the birth more time.
* Sometimes babies die!
* Death is part of life!
* The apgars at vaginal breech birth are lower than at a cesarian birth- babies are more shocked
* Babies take more time to wake up! They need time and space to work out where and what they are!
* Low apgars do not mean unhealthy babies
* Baby injuries from breech birth according to the term breech trial study - 1% c-section, 1.9% on hands and knees, 16% on her back
* Touch the baby as little as possible, maybe put hands on its feet, talk to the baby, let them know that they are not alone.
* Leave the mama to move naturally as much as possible - most move into hands and knees.
* TRUST IN EACH OTHER AND THE PROCESS!
* THE WOMAN , BABY, BIRTH PROCESS IS A PERFECT MECHANISM
* MOST BREECHES DO FALL OUT!
* Some moves are strong interventions but hey are less interventionalist than c-sections!
* BABIES NEED TIME TO GET INTO THEIR BODIES!
* GIVE THEM TIME!