* The shy hormone- needs privacy, quiet, warmth, dark lights
*The chocolate hormone! It containes theobromine which helps the body to create oxytocin
* Oxytocin is the same hormone that is produced during lovemaking
*Oxytocin spurts around the body resonating with the bodys needs
*Oxytocin is the opposite hormone to adrenaline
* Its greek meaning is 'quick labor'
* The amazing cocktail of chemicals that are released by the release of oxytocin;
reduce stress, allows natural pain relief- endorphins
helps with breast feeding- prolactin
reduces blood pressure
* Trust , intimacy, communication, loving, gentletouch, cuddles, kisses, continuous contact, all create oxytocin!
* When there is fear adrenaline is created, where there is adrenaline, cortisol, vassopressin, there is no room for oxytocin
* Oxytocin flows from person to person freely and we can accentuate this flow by communicating with ourselves and each other about what scares us and what helps us to feel comfy and relaxed.
* Oxytocin in the blood during pregnancy assists the baby to grow and the mother to create the appropriate space to grow and nurture the baby.
* Oxytocin is the natural facilitator of the autonomic birth process- The hormone of the natural flow of the body.
* LOVE YOURSELF , LOVE YOUR BODY, LOVE YOUR BIRTH, LOVE YOUR BABY!